The Learning Disabilities Association of Alberta (LDAA) is a non-profit charitable organization of parents and professionals, established in 1968 under the Society’s Act. Our mission is to promote public understanding and cultivate support networks to build resilience and discover potential in people with learning disabilities.
The Mandin Award was established in 1991 in memory of Maurice, Susan, Islay and Janelle Mandin. The primary goal for the Award is to provide resources that will have the greatest positive impact for children from K-11 within Alberta. The second goal is to encourage those children who receive funds to pursue their educational priorities with enthusiasm and confidence.
Annually LDAA provides an award up to $800 to assist an individual or individuals in one family who have a learning disability.
• The individual will currently be a K-11 student in Alberta.
• One application per family will be accepted.
• Eligible programs and services will include, but not limited to, supporting the costs of attending a summer camp, social skill development courses, tutoring, assessments and technology.
• The award cannot be used to register in a sports program or for private school tuition.
• Disbursement of the funds will be made directly to the program or service provider upon receipt of an invoice, or to the award recipient with presentation of a receipt for the purpose of the approved technology.
Learning Disabilities – Defined
It is acknowledged that learning disabilities may co-exist with other conditions, such as ADHD, but it is important to note that this award focuses on the individual learning disability. Learning Disabilities (LDs) are specific neurological disorders that affect the way a person stores, understands, retrieves and/or communicates information.
Application May 15 Deadline
Application Forms can be found on the LDAA website:
Application can be sent to email@example.com (Preferred) or mailed to:
The Learning Disabilities Association of Alberta Box 29011, Pleasantview PO, Edmonton, Alberta T6H 5Z6 Tel. (780) 448-0360 Web: www.ldalberta.ca Email: firstname.lastname@example.org