Edmonton psychologist Corinne Eckert offers regular Training in Core Social Skills programs throughout the year. To meet demand, the group has added a new program called the 1-1 Social Coaching Program. Based on their Training in Core Social Skills program, children/teens will get the foundational learning of social cognition and, building on this; learning skills related to understanding nonverbal communication (their own and others’); being successful in verbal communication; also handling difficult emotions and social problem-solving.
In this program therapists can:
- individualize the sessions to the child’s particular needs
- bring in more concrete examples from the child’s own environment
- have the parents involved in each session, to get updated feedback on the application of skills in the child’s life and also to provide weekly parent coaching tips
- offer fun social coaching practice at the end of each session with another child and their social coach
It may be an excellent fit for a child for whom regular group programs are not the best fit because:
- the groups are full
- the start date is missed
- the child needs a different pace of learning
- the group program dates/times do not work for the family
- the child is not emotionally/physically regulated enough yet to learn effectively in a group environment
- the child needs greater amounts of individualized support
For more information please contact Corinne Eckert Child and Adolescent Psychology
Phone: (780) 454-4634
*These psychological services may be reimbursed through extended health insurance program. Appropriate receipts are provided.
This information is provided as a service to the AAGE community. The AAGE does not offer endorsement for ADHD counseling, coaching or support services.