The Mandin Award was established in 1991 in memory of Maurice, Susan, Islay, and Janelle Mandin. Maurice and Susan Mandin were teachers with a sincere interest in children with special needs. Isaly and Janelle, their daughters, were students.
The Award has two purposes. The primary one is to provide resources that will have the greatest positive impact for children from age 4-21 within Alberta. The second goal is to encourage those children who receive funds to pursue their educational goals with enthusiasm and confidence.
An award is based on this criteria:
- An award of up to $800 will be given to assist an individual or individuals in one family who have a learning disability and/or ADHD.
- The individual(s) will be between 4 to 21 years of age.
- The individual(s) will be resident in Alberta.
- Eligible programs and services will include, but are not limited to, supporting the costs of attending summer camp, social skill development courses, tutoring, assessments, and technology.
- Disbursement of the fund will be made directly to the program or service provider upon receipt of an invoice, or to the recipient with presentation of a receipt for the purchase of the approved technology.
- One application per family will be accepted.
- Application deadline May 15!