To offer information and support to those living with ADHD in the Greater Edmonton Area through awareness, education, and resources.
Welcome to ADHD Edmonton — we are so glad that you found us!
We are a registered charity that offers information and support to those living with ADHD in the Greater Edmonton Area through awareness, education, and resources.
We’d like to share some information on an important upcoming event.
14 Principles for Managing a Child with ADHD – Dr. Russell Barkley
Educators and Mental Health Professionals encounter and support children with ADHD every day. In this webinar, world-renowned ADHD expert Dr. Russell Barkley covers 14 principles for managing a child with ADHD. Whether you are teaching, assessing, supporting or treating students with ADHD, these research-tested principles will enhance your ability to help these children.
This session will include a lecture from the speaker and will be followed by a question and answer period. Participants will have a chance to submit questions in advance of the event, as well as in the live chat. The webinar will be held on November 19, 2021 and will run from 9 am to 12 pm (Mountain Daylight Time).
Participants in this workshop will learn:
- The importance of conceptualizing ADHD as a disorder of executive functioning and self-regulation.
- How ADHD causes children and teens to be “time blind.”
- The importance of off-loading the working memory demands of a task onto another external storage device, such as lists, cards, journals, sticky notes.
- The importance of parents and teachers practicing daily forgiveness of themselves, strangers who misunderstand their child, and their child for their transgressions.
- The importance of organized workspaces and materials that facilitate homework and other task accomplishment, such as binders, bins, Trapper Keepers, etc…
- And much more…
This ADHD webinar is brought to you by Alberta-based Build Great Teams, a firm that facilitates and organizes learning opportunities. Build Great Teams is led by Dr. Mitch Colp, Chris Pawluk, and John Laing, who are all Registered Psychologists in Alberta.
Tickets are available for $79.04 at Eventbrite
The ADHD Association of Greater Edmonton is a volunteer-run, non-profit society serving the area for 12 years. We are incredibly grateful for the generosity of our community. Your donations help keep our services accessible to the general public. We want to acknowledge and thank those who donated to our website Donation Button, the anonymous donators and the Charitable Impact Foundation (CHIMP). As well as the donations received via PayPal Giving Fund Canada (PPGF) – one-time donations, Paypal Give at Checkout donations and PPGF donations from Humble Bundle. A special shout-out to Jessie’s Birthday Fundraiser and Alex’s Birthday Fundraiser for thinking of us and your spirit of giving.
ADHD Edmonton to the Professionals that donate their time and knowledge to present at Support Group Meeting. Thank you for sharing your expertise and valuable time with us.
PLEASE NOTE: ALL MEETINGS ARE VIRTUAL UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.